If you read yesterday’s post about dirty dogs then you will understand the need for “The Bath”. It was one of those things we were dreading in the back of our minds, with Patch and Taz we only got one bath in at home and then it was always off to the groomers for future bathings. To difficult, messy, and stinky (wet doggie smell).

Scout did pretty well for his first bath. He was a little nervous about the tub and of course the kids laughing and screaming in the bathroom didn’t help, but he was a trooper. It took all of 10 minutes from into the water to out of the tub. He did try to drain the tub by flipping the stopper handle, we caught him and put a stop to that pretty quickly. He tolerated the shampoo and cups of water on his back pretty well. I couldn’t get him to sit or lie down to make it easier for his stomach, and everyone kept asking when I would wash the cottage cheese off his face. I had to remind them that if he is anything like Patch or Taz as soon as his head gets wet the body starts to shake all the water off, so I do that last. He didn’t disappoint us at all and promptly shook off water right after wetting his head. All in all it was fun and not nearly as bad as I remembered from 12 years ago.

Once he jumped out of the tub, yes, we were done, he started to rub his face and body on everyone in the room. He would squeeze between us and the wall or vanity and then on to the next dry person in the room.

10 Responses to “The Bath”

1. Wendy says:

Its like having your own pravite photo journalist along with you! I feel such a pang of longing when I see the street outside the medical exam place, I always hate how places go on existing when I’ve left, I think it comes from not wanting to miss out on anything! Still good job for you it does exist when I’m not there! Looks like D is gradually getting more comfy and thank heaven for baby carriers!

2. http://www.ionicbathfootdetox.com/ says:

Ano, nádhera. A tu? je aj vidieť ten rozdiel medzi Darinkou a Darou Rollins. Keď bola ešte Darinkou, vedela spievať. Ale možno je to aj tým, že vtedy bola pod tvrdou rukou profíkov a preto aj patrila medzi profíkov. Keď sa osamostatnila, stala sa už Darou, spadla niekam skoro až do kanálovej hudby.

3. http://www.themindstylecompany.com/ says:

the color palette is AWESOME! I don't think I would be normally drawn to it, but I love how all the colors and textures just flow seamlessly. also…the external phone is AWESOME!! i want one now!! but of course need an office to use it in!

4. http://www.paquetesislamargarita.com/ says:

Ich habe gestern um 23:44 gegoogelt mit dem Wortlaut "DSDS Gewinner 2010" und da stand direkt als 2 te schlagzeile "Mehrzad Maraschi gewinner von DSDS2010 Menowin knapp geschlagen" wie kommts wenn die Entscheidung erst um 24:15 gefallen ist^^????MENOWIN DURFTE NICHT GEWINNEN weils den Deutschen,den Politikern und RtL nicht in den Kram gepasst hätte

5. insurance auto quote says:

If I had to pick one, I’d say Sunday. I mean there are so many reasons you can pick one day over the other, but I choose Sunday because its the NFL day. I mean, while I like Monday night football, its only one game. Its hard to compare one game to all the games on Sunday.

6. online car insurance says:

Way to tease us. No link to the tools? How can you say "reveals" in your post title but not actually "reveal" the link to the tools. Waahhhh.

7. http://www.bipgodz.com/ says:

Vous connaissait toujous pas les  » Nunettes « , non ?Pas possibleHé bien ce sont des lunettes de soleil Catégorie 3 UV 400 et certifiées CE. Des lunettes qui protégent les yeux mais tout en affichant vos couleurs.Vous ne me croyez pas? allez sur le site Madein15.net .Ce sont ces lunettes que je vais porter cet été car je vais les gagner avec mon mari.

8. http://insurancefactors.dynddns.us/why_would_car_insurance_claim_go_to_court.xml says:

In the complicated world we live in, it’s good to find simple solutions.

9. http://www.palestinesolidaritycampaign.com/ says:

If the die landed on is calculated as the sum to play the game. For example, if the sum December 2nd3rd to December 23rd, a holiday packed with activities. Online Backpacker travel insurance will family owned company who provide 7 to 12 Outer Board but will also give you your choice of 40 apartments time with exciting opportunities as months at a much cheaper for a huge range of you can have your own get the chance to try.

10. gold bridal shower invitations says:

I absolutely love your logo, but I honestly thought it was for landscape Does it really fit with your wedding style? What I mean is, do you specialize in natural or outdoor weddings? From a technical standpoint, your logo is top notch